Thursday, May 22, 2014

1 week...7 days...168 hours...

I leave on my Summer of Service to Cochabamba, Bolivia, in one week.  ONE week.  I really can't believe it.  I really don't know how I feel about that!  Some days I feel really scared, anxious, nervous, unsure... But most of the time these days I've been feeling an overwhelming feeling of being blessed.  I really am excited to go, and I don't know if it will really feel like it's happening until I'm on an airplane and leaving my family at the Omaha airport next Thursday morning.

When people ask why I signed up for an SOS, it's really hard for me to give an answer to them.  I don't really know!  I just kept feeling called to fill out the application, keep going with the process, and now I guess I am going to Bolivia!  There was a little bit more to it. ;)  But for the most part, I really just felt a tug on my heart always that this is what God wants me to do and the direction I am supposed to be going this summer.  

A song that was in my head a lot during my time of deciding what to do and whether this was something I was supposed to do was "Oceans" by Hillsong UNITED.  A lot of you probably know this song.  One line really stuck with me and gave me peace about my decision.  It goes like this...
"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters, wherever You would call me.  Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander.  And my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior."
The hardest part about me going is clearly having to leave home.  But that song reminded me that I need to have the trust in Him to go wherever He needs me and wants me to go.  That's why I decided to call my blog "Trust Without Borders".  I will be crossing borders, and I will be far from home.  But I will be in good hands, because I will be in God's hands.. the ENTIRE time.  I love that.  I know this will be a transformational opportunity for me.  I can't wait to see what God has in store since I'm following His lead. 

Anyways, I leave next week Thursday morning!  I will be flying with two SOS teammates, Arianne and Leah, from Omaha to Cochabamba.  We will be leaving the Omaha airport shortly after 10 AM.  I will be with Leah the entire time working at El Centro de Amistad y Apoyo.  We will be tutoring kids, doing small construction projects, and just forming relationships with all the kiddos and people there.  I can't wait to see the ways in which God will use us. 

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me thus far!  I was brought to tears many times seeing the many gifts people have given to get me to this place and fully fund my trip. Now, I am asking for your prayer!  Which is just as important, if not more important!  PRAY...

  • alongside me as I make the final preparations to go;
  • that any anxiety and nervousness would go away and in its place would be more excitement and peace;
  • that Leah and I and the 2 other interns we will be working with would really grow close, have unity, and work well together;
  • for my heart, that I would be ready to soak in anything God is trying to teach me while I'm gone.
  • that I am not homesick... as this is probably my biggest fear right now;
  • for my entire well-being... physically, mentally, spiritually.  

I will hopefully be writing a blog post every week while I am there, so check back in often! :) And meanwhile, be PRAYING!  I am so thankful for each and every person in my life and the countless ways they have blessed me and gotten me to this point.  So, THANK YOU again.  

Adios y vaya con Dios, 
Breanna 
{You can see Cochabamba is right in the center of Bolivia, which is where I will be!}

No comments:

Post a Comment