Friday, June 9, 2017

Returning home to Bolivia.

I'm sitting in the Chicago O'Hare airport currently waiting for my flight to Miami.  I am already this far on my journey, and I still can't believe I am returning to the country that I fell in love with three summers ago.  Three summers ago I was already a couple weeks into my stay in Cochabamba with the Quiroga family and working with International Teams at the children's center there.  

When I left Cochabamba three years ago, I just KNEW that I would be back.  I fell in love with it there and the relationships I formed with the Quiroga family and others down in Bolivia would not be something I would forget about.  I at some point in my life wanted to return and experience that place again and all of the things that made me fall in love with the country.  There are SO many things I am looking forward to... watching the sunset on the roof of the Quiroga house, sitting up on the roof and drinking my morning coffee while enjoying the sites and sounds around me, the incredible mountain views, the culture that is so different from ours but so wonderful, etc. but the thing I am most excited for is hugging those that I have missed since leaving that place.  

I CAN'T wait to see the kiddos' smiling faces and to see how much they've grown!! I know I won't possibly be able to remember all of their names, but I know I will recognize their faces and smiles.  It will be incredible to see how much they've grown and changed.  I can't wait to see how El Centro has changed as well.  I've seen some pictures of things they've added to El Centro de Amistad and can't wait to see all of it and how the ministry has grown and changed in the past three years.  It will be such an exciting time of reunions and fun and adventures I'm sure.  

However, I will MISS those I left in Iowa.  I CRIED the past two nights when saying goodbye to Luke, and it was hard to say goodbye to the rest of my family as well.  It makes it a LITTLE easier that I know I'm gone for only 2 and a half weeks rather than close to 7 like last time.  It will go SO fast, but I'm so excited for all this adventure will have to offer me.  Plus, I was just getting bored staying in Iowa so long. :)  It was time for something fun and exciting!

Pray for me and the rest of my trip!! I have a full 24 hours yet of traveling, and I know I will be EXHAUSTED upon arrival.  It is different traveling by myself.  I arranged all of my flights by myself, so I am just praying everything goes smoothly.  

Adios,
Breanna

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip Breanna! Take in all the love and good times. But come back to Iowa again....we need you at Kinsey next year ;)

    ReplyDelete